Translate

Friday 15 September 2017

Gifted Gorgeousness September Link-Up Post

2017 GG

Welcome to the September link-up for Gifted Gorgeousness. The linky will stay open until the end of the month so you have plenty of time to link up and join in.

The stitching hours have dropped off a little bit over the last week since the boys went back to school and I had a couple of extra days at work (annual stocktake, although I didn't have to do the actual evening shift stocktake).  I am also very far behind on answering emails!  But I will catch up.

These are the gifted pieces I did manage to work on since the August Link-Up post.

Two whole bands on Memories by Just Nan - a gift from Vickie:


The ninth block on the 12 Days of Christmas by Joan Elliott - a gift from my MIL:


Dragon of the Winter Moon by Dragon Dreams - a gift from Riona.

Lots of progress on my focus piece, here's where I was for August's GG post:


And here is where I am today:

stitched on 32 count Moondust Murano by Crafty Kitten

Close-up of the gorgeous Caron Waterlilies in the wing, well worth spending £5.25 on one skein!


So now I hand over to you. This is where you link up your post for this month. Please use your name or your blog name in the field and NOT the words "September Update" so I can easily see who has linked up this month. And link to the actual post, not just your blog. It is easier if you copy and paste the link, rather than typing freehand.

*
*

Finally, I was able to announce the winner of the Blogger of the Week competition, congratulations to Faith from Faithfully Stitching who has already decided what she wants to spend her voucher on!  I'd also like to say Thank You to Irene from Ricamire who said:

If I win, I do not want a voucher, but I would like you make an offer for this initiative https://www.casacenina.com/a-needlework-project-to-be-born-again.html for people who suffer in my country. 

I think this is a great idea, it's a very worthy charity and I will definitely be doing so.   They have a selection of PDF designs from a wide variety of designers, all raising money for rebuilding after the Italian earthquake.  Thanks to Irene for that suggestion.  I recommend that you all visit the website and maybe buy a pattern to help the fund.  They have nearly raised EUR 15,000 so far!






32 comments:

Catherine - Hillview Embroidery said...

Thanks for hosting the link up!
Your dragon looks lovely, and that sparkle really lifts it!

Vickie said...

You have come so far on the band sampler. Won't be long now!

gracie said...

Congratulations to the winner. Wonderful stitching.

Barb said...

I always enjoy seeing all your beautiful projects!!

stitchersanon said...

I'm not usually a fan of Just Nan, but I do like the colours and design of your sampler. Very pretty. And who doesn't love dragons. You are making wonderful progress x

DJ said...

Hi Jo! Your stitching is lovely! I've enjoyed watching the 12 Days of Christmas progress, it's such a lovely pattern! You've made a lot of progress on the dragon, and the fabric you are stitching on is perfect for the piece. Congratulations on the winner, and what a lovely thing for her to do, donating to such a worthy cause. Thanks for hosting the Gifted Gorgeousness! It's always a fun challenge for me!

Mary said...

Your progress on all these projects is admirable...you got lots done on the dragon and sparkle thread is just perfect, not too brash but subtle enough. Lovely choice! Mary

cheryl said...

Beautiful progress. Lovely lady dancing! I really enjoy watching your projects develop.

Rhona said...

What a great suggestion from Irene! What a great selection of charts available. Love your dragon stitching and the sparkle is wonderful.

Christine said...

Your dragon looks amazing!

Susan said...

Your stitching time may have fallen off, but you still made great progress on all your pieces.

Linda said...

Beautiful projects Jo and congrats to the winner.

Linda

Brigitte said...

These pieces have seen a lot of progress indeed. And you are so right mentioning and showing the Caron Waterlilies. Their colours are just awesome. I have some in my stash as well and sometimes when going through my thread stash I just fondle those skeins.
I have just added the link to my GG post.

Preeti said...

Lovely stitching! You have progressed a lot on your focus piece.

Lady Stitch-a-Lot said...

Lovely progress for this month! I absolutely love the your Lady from the Twelve Days of Christmas piece And I think you made a big bunch of progress on you Dragon =)

jocondine said...

Love your dragon, I hope he's lying dreaming and won't disturb the gorgeous lady just above him. Lovely Christmas colors for a beautiful dancer. xxx

Lili said...

Wonderful stitching! Your dragon is gorgeous!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

As always, plenty of progress, Jo. I'm still loving your dragon project and I agree with you about the Caron Waterlilies. They are worth it, even if expensive.

Julie said...

Congratulations to your winner.
You are right, the Waterlillies does look beautiful for the wings.

Leonore Winterer said...

Lovely progress on your GG projects! The Waterlilies really looks gorgeous on that dragon.

Linda said...

Awesome progress and finish Jo.

Linda

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Tiffstitch said...

I love that dragon so much! Will you keep on until it's finished? I know it's not the focus piece for September, but it's so beautiful! Excellent work on the other 2 as well.

Carol said...

Always amazed at all you get done with children to care for and a job, Jo! Everything looks great :)

Mini said...

Gorgeous stitching on all projects Jo. I'm not into fantasy characters but i like the dragon you are stitching , may be its the fabric or the specialty threads you are using.

RJ said...

Beautiful stitching as always. I really love how the sparkle thread shows on that darling dragon. Great job Jo. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

BeingBored89 said...

Absolutely loving how the dragon is turning out!

Katie said...

Congrats to the winner! Love all your stitching. The dragon of course is my favorite. You've made gorgeous progress.

Stitching Noni said...

Love your dragon! I have posted finally.. will add my link now as well!
Congrats to Faith on winning the Blogger comp :o) Irene suggestion is a really good one and I must remember to go and visit the link - a very worthy cause
hugs x

The Crafty Princess said...

WOW Draggie is looking more and more amazing everytime I see your progress on him.
Love love love him
xo Alicia

Brigitte said...

Uff, I just managed to get my post up for this month's GG.

Julie said...

Sneaking in on the last day again with this months GG post. xx