Translate

Thursday 31 August 2017

End of the Summer Pie

We've reached the end of August and only a few more days of the Summer holidays left so I took a day trip to London to "geek out" on two major exhibitions - The Art of the Brick: DC Superheroes and Star Wars: Identities.

Both were awesome!  A great day out for me and the Large Boy.  You can learn more about both exhibitions by clicking on our favourites photos below:




And this is the identity I created for myself:


A train trip means one thing - train stitching!  Nearly five hours of stitching time saw me add quite a bit to Just Nan's Memories band sampler.  I took this because it's small, doesn't use many colours and is an easy pattern for travelling, the repetition makes it easier to follow:


I stitched everything below the line with "memory" in it.

As it is the end of the month, it's time to assess the stitching.  I didn't get quite so much time on my focus piece because the 12 Days block was more time consuming that in previous months.  However I managed 11 solid days and there will be more next month as I have decided to continue with my Dragon in September.

Start of the month:

End of the month:
stitched on 32 count Moondust by Crafty Kitten

The first photo is more accurate for colour.

How does this look on the pie?



Spending-wise it was an OK month.  I had a quarterly magazine subscription come out and I got some fabric on Stash Unload UK.  She had some gorgeous colours of hand-dyed very reasonably priced but I was good and only bought two pieces.  The first piece was a Colour Cascade opal Belfast in Sorcerer.  As ever, it's much prettier in real life, more blue than grey and will either be good for the Dragon of the Summer Sun or one of Nora's Bewitching Pixies:


The second piece was labelled by the manufacturer as "35 count white linen 19 x 23 inches".  Only some of that information was correct!  As soon as I saw it I knew it wasn't 35count, so I measured and it turned out to be 30count.  Which is OK, it's a nice big piece anyway so maybe I can tea dye it.  It was only £5 would have been an absolute bargain for 35 count and not bad for 30 count!

So here is the spending for the month:

August
CS Crazy sub £25.44
2 x fabric £11.00
Total £36.44


Finally, the competition on the Blogger of the Week blog is still open and we have a new interview to read too.  So pop over and have a look at both.

13 comments:

Barb said...

What a great way to spend time with your son. That dragon is really progressing, so pretty (that is, if a dragon can be pretty!!)

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

Definitely we're kindred spirits. We're huge fans of the bricks (Legos), superheroes, and Star Wars. Lovely progress on your projects. Have a great weekend! Andrea

Vickie said...

Woo hoo! I just finished going through all the links of the Star Wars Identities Exhibit. That is awesome! A lifelong memory for you and your son for sure.

Desiree Ehleiter said...

That's a lot of progress on your dragon. He is going to be amazing!

Brigitte said...

Two awesome exhibitions. M sons would have liked them as well back then when they were that age. Maybe today, too, lol.
Great progress on your train stitching project. And that dragon is just wonderful.

Lili said...

Lovely progress on your Just Nan's piece!
Your dragon is beautiful, you did some very great progress on him!

Preeti said...

You had a great time with your son and made good stitching progress too.

Christine said...

Great stitching and lego Batsy is awesome!

D1-D2 said...

The exhibitions look neat. I wonder if they will come to Montreal. Which one is the Dragon of the Summer Sun?

Katie said...

Your day out looks fantastic. Jeremiah would have loved both things. You made beautiful progress on your stitching. Great job with your spending.

Astrids dragon said...

What fun! I think they need to come to DC or Baltimore! Even the big boys would like that.
Glad you had time to stitch on the train, that does make it more enjoyable. And it looks great!

Leonore Winterer said...

That sounds like a great day trip with your oldest, and also some awesome train stitching! I'm glad to see even more of your dragon this month, do you think you will finish him?

Julie said...

Way behind yet again ... great trip, nice stitching you did on the train.