Translate

Friday 31 May 2013

Theme-a-licious Looking Backward and Forward V




Theme-a-licious is hosted by Heather of It's Geek to Me

Each month Heather thinks up a theme for us to stitch to, or in my case, a theme to somehow shoe-horn my existing stitching into, no matter how tenuous the link!

Monochrome May
Pick a colour, any colour, then stitch only on projects that contain that colour for the month!

My first monochrome project was Green Goddess which I worked on for the first half of the month.  I've posted this picture a couple of times already but one more won't hurt! 


The rest of the month was spent on my Round Robin mermaid which is not monochrome so no pic today.

During the daytime I stitched on two more monochromes, the first was my JBW alphabet kitty for May.  Thanks to everyone who gave their opinion on which backing fabric I should use.  I'm pleased that each of my choices had their fans, just proves I'm not totally colour blind!  You were clearly all channelling your inner Pioneer Woman and the gingham was an easy leader.  Always reminds me of the late great Bill Hicks "gonna get me some gingham, what's gingham?  Ah dunno but chicks dig it!"




The other monochrome is a card for a friend so watch your postboxes, friends! I actually forgot to photograph it before mailing so I'm hoping my friend will do the honours for me.

And the final photo is my "Anti-Theme" piece, the opposite of monochrome has to be multi-coloured and you don't get much more multi-coloured than a rainbow.  Here are the first eight hearts from the Thread Pickerz Hearts SAL on FB:



I'm using a De Havilland artificial silk in rainbow on 32 count white evenweave, the picture is a scanned one so not the best of the fabric but I'll take some nice ones once the SAL is over.

Looking forward, this is the theme for June:

Jumanji June 
Is it a jungle out there in your stash? Give some love to the projects with animals or birds.

This should be ok, a mermaid is a sort of fish... And she's on a round robin so that's a bird.  The next things on Green Goddess are the moths and dragonflies.  Alphabet Kitty is a cat, as is my choice for the Hallowe'en SAL.  So plenty to stitch there in theme.

Finally, I haven't forgotten the draw for 400 followers, I've been putting together the blog post along with links to all the wonderful people you chose so it'll be up some time next week.  Patience!
  

18 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

Great job for May!

Penny said...

Green Goddess is so pretty! I love the multi-colored hearts too. :)

Linda said...

They all look great Jo. I love the floss your using on the hearts.

Linda

Christine said...

Great progress. I'm ashamed to show how little I've achieved in May

Brigitte said...

You were doing some great stitching last month. Nice to see it all together in this post.

Karoline said...

Great job with the may theme, the hearts are lovely

Kerryp77 said...

I really do love those hearts. The thread is great. Goddess looks amazing and you certainly have a lot of choice for june!

Vickie said...

Great stuff Jo. The gingham is really nice too.

Lili said...

Beautiful works! The hearts are so cute!!
Nice weekend! x

Shirlee said...

So pretty! I really like the gingham you found to match the pink cross stitch fabric. Clever Jo : )

Fiona said...

I always love reading how you fit your projects to the theme. Great stitching.

Topcho said...

Oh, I've said it before, but one more time def won't hurt! Greed Goddess is looking amazing!
And oh my! Those colourful hears are so sweet! And, I guess as you used only one kind of floss... they can count as monochrome, lol!
Love your logic for Jumanji June :D Mermaids and round robins def count!

SoCal Debbie said...

Your Thread Pickerz hearts are beautiful! Great stitching!

Giovanna said...

Lovely stitching on everything. The heart project is so intriguing - lovely.

♥ Nia said...

Green Godness looks beautiful!!
Congrats sweetie! :)

Nic said...

Green goodess is looking good. You've had a very busy month by the looks. Looking forward to seeing what you achieve this month

Julie said...

I could never tire of seeing a pic of GG, she's stunning.

geeky Heather said...

You're dangerously close to being well within theme this month. Good thing you threw in those rainbow hearts. ;)