Translate

Thursday 14 February 2013

Secret Stitching Sweethearts Revealed



Happy Valentine's Day to you all!  I hope that those of you in relationships got well treated today.

Over the last few weeks my email inbox had been receiving Hearts and Love in preparation for the Secret Stitching Sweetheart activity.  I have a lovely spreadsheet and each person has now been emailed a picture from a random participant.

At some point today they will post the picture they receive on their blog and wait for their Secret Stitching Sweetheart to reveal her identity by leaving a comment.

We were lucky enough to have 14 bloggers taking part again this year, a different 14 to last year but still perfect for February the 14th!  They are:

visit Vickie's blog first, read a few entries, then as you go round the other blogs try guess which is Vickie's Valentine!  I bet you can do it.

Then onto the others:

This is a "just-for-fun" Blog Hop, there are no prizes.  But the Easter one is fast approaching and there will be a prize (or prizes) for that one, so keep your eyes peeled for rules and sign-ups.

Stitching-wise I have finished two ornies but I'm saving them for a round-up post.  I've done a little on the Scarlet Letter sampler and I collected Joyous Noel from the framers:


The frame isn't as ornate as I'd have liked due to the lack of choice round here!  The carved frames only came in fixed dimensions and the proportions were wrong, too wide for the design.  As ever she made a great choice of mount (she chooses, I stand there and nod in agreement!) and a terrific job of stretching and framing.  The satin stitches had pulled the linen quite skewiff so it needed a good stretching.

Hubby has asked who this Noel fellow is and why we have his name up but I'm just not waiting another 10 months to display this piece of gorgeousness!  The chart came from Shirlee in the USA and is now going back to the States to Susan who admired it so much when I first showed the finished picture.

Finally, I seem to have finally shaken off the germs!  Thanks for all your good wishes.  I've been going to bed very early after about 30 minutes stitching and no blog-reading.  As a result I have 915 entries in my Reader!!!  Please forgive me if I do not read and comment on every single one.  
Your stitching is lovely, your finishing is so neat, your children/grandchildren adorable, your cats/dogs the cutest, sorry you've had ill health/bad luck, congratulations on that lovely thing that happened to you.  
Please copy and paste as appropriate to your post LOL.

ps this is my 200th post!!  Congratulations to me!

24 comments:

Gillie said...

Thanks, three and five are applicable! Glad you are feeling better though, it has been quite a winter, sure it is the up and down temperatures at least over here!

CalamityJr said...

Kudos to you - 200 posts! Thanks for sharing with us.

Christine said...

Well done on 200 posts! The Noel piece is stunning

gracie said...

Love Noel! I take #1 and #6...!

Thoeria said...

Gorgeous Noel piece!

Kerryp77 said...

beautiful piece in Noel, Congrats on the 200th post. Glad you're feeling better. x

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Congrats on 200 posts and on your Noel piece. It's stunning! Glad you are feeling better. Thanks for organizing the Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Joyous Noel looks great!

Vickie said...

hahahaha! Love your comment!! What a beauty Noel is. =)

Anonymous said...

Hello jo

Glad you feel better.
Your Joyous Noel is just beautiful and I love the frame too.
Happy Valentined Day!

Janet P said...

That Noel is a pretty good chap!

SoCal Debbie said...

Gorgeous stitching and framing and mounting! I laughed at your standard blog comment!

Dylimes said...

I don't usually like Holiday pieces but this one is really pretty, and I do like the frame, but I'm more of a less ornate kind of gal. Also your list of comments made me giggle. I do believe you've covered everything.

Miss Lilly said...

Thanks for organising the Secret Stitching Sweetheart - it was fun :)

Linda said...

Congrats on 200 posts. Your framed piece is gorgeous.

Linda

♥ Nia said...

Happy V-Day sweetie!! =)

Fiona said...

Joyous Noel looks stunning. Your Valentine blog hop sounds like a lot of fun.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your 200th post, what an achievement! And thank you so much for organising the secret stitching sweetheart, I've just spent a few happy hours surfing the net and discovering yet more blogs to follow!

Shebafudge said...

Thank you Jo, for organising the Valentine Blog Hop. I have really enjoyed visiting everyone and have some new blogs to follow.

I LOVE Joyeux Noel and think the frame complements it perfectly.

Congratulations on 200 posts - here's to the next 200 :)

Happy Valentine's Day xx

Susan said...

Love the posting comment!! Noel looks great, and I do the same thing with my framer as I really can't picture the finished piece. Glad to hear you're feeling better.

Nicola said...

I had great fun yeserday trying to find my Valentine. Thank you so much Jo I know a lot of hard work goes into organising these events.

Congratulations on your 200th post and on your stunning finish.

Astrids dragon said...

Thanks for making blogging fun! Your JN looks beautiful, nicely framed.

Julie said...

Norl looks stunning, perfect mount and frame.

FAZENDO ARTE said...

Ola tudo bem?
Gostei muito do seu Blog...
Amei...Voltarei....
BJS LEILA
www.fazendoarteleriente.blogspot.com