Translate

Wednesday 1 August 2012

August WIPocalypse Number 1

Here's the round-up for the progress since the last Full Moon.


Part 1 - My 12 in '12


Stonkin' progress this month!


I completed not one but THREE of the projects on my list of 12 which actually quadruples the number of finishes!  I have started five more and only have three which haven't got any further than buying fabric.


Here are this month's three finishes:




This is a Blackbird Designs chart called Bluebirds which Margaret sent to me along with Madame Muriel.  I tea-dyed a piece of 28 count evenweave and used the DMC conversion provided.  Mostly.  I blended the hill then used one green for the leaves and the other green for between the flowers.  I also used 931 for the birds rather than 930 which was a little dark.  They look quite bright in this photo because it was taken in the conservatory rather than our lounge.  The colours are a little more muted in real life.

And here are the two baby samplers you've already seen:



Cross Stitcher Mag Elissa Hudson


JBW Designs Noah's Ark


The chart for the Noah's Ark is off to Cucki as she admired it so much and said her son loved it too.  It's Cucki's Birthday this month so it'll go off to the Stitching Cove with a card.


Part 2 - Just Nan-a-thon


Not so good, in fact nothing again!


Part 3 - Theme-a-licious Jolly July


See yesterday's post for my single holiday themed finish, BRD Woodsy Winter.


Finally, back on this post I asked if you ever send pictures of your work to the designers.  This is something I've started doing this year and I'm so pleased I did.  I got a lovely email from Belinda the Blue Ribbon Girl who is now a follower.  She's even posted my Woodsy Winter on her FB page she liked it so much.  So if you've loved stitching a design, let the designer know, they love feedback and photos.  And guess what, they love stitching and blogging too LOL.

16 comments:

Rachel said...

Way to go!!

Marcy said...

Great stitching! I love your bluebirds.

cucki said...

Very lovely stitching..I love them all so much xx

♥ Nia said...

Lovely stitching!! Congrats on your finishes :D
Hugs&smiles

Heather said...

Great finishes. The frame really suits Bluebirds.

Also, how nice of you to send the chart to Cucki!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Congrats on three wonderful finishes!

Sarah Beth said...

What nice work you do. I like the baby sampler the best. Great job

Christine said...

Great finishes Jo, the BBD one is very pretty

Giovanna said...

Lovely finishes, congrats - love the BBD in particular.

robindefender said...

Everything looks beautiful. Congrats on your finishes!

Anne said...

Beautiful finishes Jo!! I've sent in photos of finished designs to the designers before too. I think it's nice for them to see their pieces stitched and displayed for the world to see :D

Marcy said...

Hi Jo
I think I have the settings correct now -- though it took me awhile. The last time I was at the blogger dashboard, it looked different. Thanks for your help!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful stitching, it was lovely to see all your finishes.

Marilyn said...

They all look great Jo.
Love the Blueboirds!
Marilyn

Angi said...

Nice finishes! Could I get some of your mojo??

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Gorgeous stitching